M, (4 June 1856 - 30 April 1913)
Clinton Miller Calkins was born on 4 June 1856 at Williamsport, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania.3 He was the son of William Henry Calkins. Clinton Miller Calkins married, at age 22, Caroline M. Sholder, age 26, daughter of Christian August Scholderer and Anna Margareta Lutscher, on Tuesday, 4 June 1878 at Williamsport, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, by the Reverend John Donahue.4,5,2 Clinton Miller Calkins died on 30 April 1913 at Williamsport, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, at age 56 years, 10 months and 26 days. He died from double pneumonia.
Children of Clinton Miller Calkins and Caroline M. Sholder
Last Edited=20 Feb 2020
- [S135] Clinton M. Calkins and Carrie [Caroline] M. Sholders [Sholder] marriage, 4 June 1878, Michael Earl Kriner, 90 Fink Drive Extension, Montoursville, Pennsylvania. Kevin first saw this document in September of 1992, then owned by Lois Grace (Calkins) Huggins (1914 – 1999) granddaughter of Clinton and Caroline (Sholder) Calkins, Williamsport, Pennsylvania when he was able to make a copy. As of 2003 this was owned by Ronald Floyd Calkins (1929 - 2016), 528 Ruben Kehrer Road, Muncy, PA 17756-8043. As of 2009 this was owned by Michael Earl and Donna Rae (Mecum) Kriner, 90 Fink Drive Extension, Montoursville, PA 17754; (570) 435-3379. This was passed to Michael Earl Kriner from his uncle Ronald Floyd Calkins whom received them from his sister, Lois Grace (Calkins) Huggins, from her father, Floyd Douglas Calkins, from his mother, Caroline M. (Sholder) Calkins the daughter of Christian August Scholderer & Anna Margareta Lutscher. Sometime between 1992 and 2005 this was laminated in plastic, as stated by Michael. In March of 2009 full size electronic scans were made of the documents by Kevin L. Sholder.
This certificate states the following: That Clinton M. Calkins of Williamsport [Pennsylvania] and Carrie [Caroline] M. Sholders [Sholder] of Williamsport were by me united in the bonds of marriage at Williamsport according to the ordinance of God and the Laws of the State of Pennsylvania on the Fourth day of June A.D. 1878. It also shows Witness Present was E. M. [last name illegible] and is signed John Donahue, Minister of the Gospel, shows name as Clinton M. Calkins.
- [S1854] [—?—] Mutehart, "Descendants of Joesph Pinsonneault." Supplied circa 2006 ([address for private use,] Illinois; USA).
- [S40] Ronald Floyd Calkins, "Family Group Sheets (Ronald Floyd Calkins and Esther Derr)," supplied 17 June 1995 ([address for private use,] Williamsport, Pennsylvania; USA).
- [S135] Certificate, Clinton M. Calkins and Carrie [Caroline] M. Sholders [Sholder] marriage of 4 June 1878.
- [S14] John F Meginness, History of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania (Baltimore, Maryland: prepared by Lycoming Historical Society; Gateway Press, Inc., 1990 reprint of 1892 original), p. 1135.